Saturday, October 18, 2008

1st Week in Raleigh NC

Well the first week went by very quickly and with alot of activity. We drove straight thru to Raleigh from Lake Jackson, about 19 hours on the road. Julian handled the trip very well as he has gotten very use to "long trips" as he puts it. After recovering from the trip over the weekend, we drove to Knoxville Tenn on Tuesday. Aaron had a training session there. Wednesday, (while Aaron was training) Ryan, McKenna , Julian, Let and I went to a historical park named Cayden's Cove in the Smokey Mountains. We celebrated McKenna's birthday at Abuellos restaurant Wednesday night. On Thursday Let, Julian, McKenna and I headed back to Raleigh via the Great Smokey Mountain highway across the Mountains between Tennesee and North Carolina. (See Pics- Knoxville and Great Smokey Mountains). Aaron and Ryan drove into Raleigh at about 7:30 pm on Friday and at about 10:00 pm Aaron and I started cooking a brisket in preparation for McKenna's birthday party on Saturday. We finished at about 3:00 am. Ryan and Let prepared and pulled off a great party for McKenna on Saturday. (Aaron and I helped a little). (See Pics - McKenna's 1st birthday).
Also included are some Pic of McKenna getting into cabinets. We go the to Raleigh county fair tomorrow. No rest for the weary. Joe

No comments: